Nabble fools one of us

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jan 13 15:45:01 EST 2017

On 1/13/17 10:27 AM, hh via use-livecode wrote:
> Just in case somebody of us is wondering why he/she suddenly authored *all*
> posts of this list since Jan 8 here:
>
> http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html
>
> I can't see the logic which author is elected as the "one-for-all", but it's
> certainly without asking that person and without looking if the person is
> using Nabble.
>
> For a while it was Bob S., currently it's Tiemo.
> Perhaps the last poster to the list modulo some time shift?
> Or is it a platform specific "malfunction"?
>
> May be it is not Nabble but a changed "delivering" procedure?

It's because Heather changed the From: header in order to stop people
from getting unsubscribed from the list. That worked. But apparently
Nabble doesn't read the From: header correctly, or does some other kind
of processing. I believe the problem is with Nabble, which is
unfortunate because I often use their archives to search the list.

I don't know who first set up the Nabble account but it would be good if
someone with authority could see if the problem can be fixed, and also
change "Revolution" to "LiveCode" in the list name.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com