Android Keyboard Activation Issue

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 13 14:16:27 EST 2017

Livecode XAC wrote:

 > Right now I'm creating the control when the user touches on the
 > text box and then delete the control when they enter the return.
 > This provides a highlight of the field that is being entered,
 > but has the double click issue.

Regardless how the field is created, it seems we have no means of
explicitly giving focus to a mobile-native field programmatically.

If that's correct it would seem adding that would be a reasonable priority.

If that's incorrect I'd welcome learning what the syntax is.

A good deal of good UX depends on this sort of graceful guidance for the
user, which we can find in many competing apps.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems