Array Properties in a Standalone

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jan 12 17:15:40 EST 2017

Hi Jacque.

As I mentioned, I created a custom property called pIncrement. Each time I launch the app, I increment this property by 1 then write it out to a log file. The log file indicates that the property IS getting written to and saved. I understand that I cannot write to an executable file, of course. That is why I have a splash stack that I compile everything from. THAT becomes the executable inside the "app bundle" or "Package" from which I launch Forms Generator and all the magic happens.

This is how I always thought it would work and indeed, it seems it does. (Big sigh of relief). However, the Forms Generator stack still shows 0k size, and yet the app still works a peach! I checked prior compiled apps I had zipped up and saved, and the Forms Generator stack was of some significant file size inside the package. Not sure what this means.

I suppose it's all academic, as the app DOES work as advertised, only I cannot use "the mainstack of" inside a standalone (I wonder what else does not work in a standalone as it does in the IDE??) But I have worked around that one anyway.

Thanks for the assistance, and if any of the dev team thinks this is not how a standalone can work, contact me offline as you please, an I will be glad to assist. The standalone is too big to send via the QC uploads however, and I would have to create a login for you in the database for you to actually see it running. I don't mind doing that but we would have to arrange that off list.

Bob S