Array Properties in a Standalone

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jan 12 16:46:27 EST 2017

I mean the checkbox "Move Substacks into individual stack files" is UNCHECKED and the stacks are NOT substacks of the original stack. When I open the package (OS X), I see that in the MacOS folder there is an executalbe file called Forms Generator (which is what I told the splash stack the app was called so that makes sense). In the Resources/_MacOS folder I see eack substack as an individual file with the extension set to .rev. The Forms Generator stack (the original mainstack but NOT the splash stack) has the extension .livecode. So do the included libraries. Curiously, the Forms Generator stack is 0 bytes big! The other stacks are of some size.

When you say the stacks cannot be modified, that may be however I see that I have read/write permissions to the substacks (the customers.rev for example). I was also successful in copying a file to the folder the substacks are in. Mind you these are folders IN the application package.

Also if I cannot modify one of these substacks then properties as a means to save persistent values between launches is a complete bust! I make extensive use of this. I really do not want to have to write this data out to a file because some of it is values I do not want the user to gain access to. At least not easily.

I am going to test this and let you know. I am going to increment a numeric property in the customers stack and pop a dialog each time I launch it displaying the value.

Bob S