[OT] Download Request

andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com
Thu Jan 12 11:58:23 EST 2017

> Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:25:21 -0600
> From: Randy Hengst <iowahengst at mac.com>
> To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: [OT] Download Request
>
> A quick follow-up? the initial response from Apple said that they?d
> get back to me within 3 business days? actually, they responded in 6
> hours with a fix? so, all is well.
>
> Apple really has gotten faster and the review process? this one for
> me only took two days.

Apple review has gotten WAY faster in the two years I've been using
LiveCode! There are still some slow periods, but they seem to be
historically predictable (it's about to go up a few days on average
for the next few weeks). When I'm planning a timeline for a project, I
always glance at http://appreviewtimes.com/ to get an idea of how long
to account for approval (then double it because I seem to get the most
random rejections depending on the reviewer).

As opposed to Android builds that I can get a bug notice in an
overnight client email, hot fix after breakfast, and have available
publicly by lunch that same day. Sometimes I fix a bug and push out
the new build before I even reply to the client so I can just be like,
"Yeah, I fixed that already."

--Andrew Bell