Help: Odd menu behavior under LC6.7.11 on OSX

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Wed Jan 11 17:02:45 EST 2017

Richmond:
 > Well, the first question anyone is going to ask is why
 > on earth you are using 6.7.11?

Don't forget to use "OMG/LOL/derisno/perv" as in for example: "OMG, why
are you using 6.7, are you a total perv? Derisno past! LOL." :)

There is a history to every product, and not only do we learn a lot by
comparing past to present, but the latest version of LC that people take
for granted owes a lot of fixes and some features to Paul in particular
due to his meticulous work and testing, providing a huge benefit to the
entire community!

It's wonderful to keep up with recent LC releases, especially where
Apple is concerned, but sometimes circumstances and LC bugs/features can
affect the speed of that process. Then you have people who grab the
latest DP, precisely because it is the very latest thing, and get
confused trying to tell the difference between their own bugs and DP
bugs. I help people with that often enough to know that a chorus of
"just grab the latest" is advice that needs clarification.

Paul:
 > We are seeing a weird menu rendering issues under OSX

I believe this menu issue is also a current bug in LC 8.1.2! Haven't
tried it yet in LC 9, but I will soon. LC 6.6 was okay, so it must have
been introduced in 6.7 and remained until now.

Craig:
 > I am hunkered down in v6 until I can swallow the new "look"
 > of v8/9. The only thing I really miss from those is the new
 > multi-char itemDelimiter.

Change for the sake of change keeps some people incredibly happy, others
less so! The new interface does take some getting used to, and the old
interface definitely had its strengths too, as I've realized lately with
certain particular tasks and with teaching others. Much to learn from
comparing and critiquing LC versions, enjoying the very latest as well
as some past specimens!

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development