save stack as filename failing most of the time

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jan 5 12:55:54 EST 2017

Hi all,

> Am 05.01.2017 um 18:47 schrieb Rick Harrison via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Using your code in the button shows in the message box
> TestSaveStack
>
> Which is the name of the file.
>
> Searching my entire hard drive doesn’t show
> any file named “TestSaveStack”.
>
> There is no error reported for "the result”.
>
> Rick

just made a test with LC 8.1.2 and 9.0 dp4 and both of these scripts result in a livecode stack on my desktop!

1.
put specialfolderpath("desktop") & "/teststack.livecode" into tFileName
save this stack as tFilename

2.
set the filename of this stack to (specialfolderpath("desktop") & "/teststack.livecode")
save this stack

macOS 10.12.2

Best

Klaus