Not Corruption

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 17:46:40 EST 2017

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 2:18 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> You did the right thing posting here. I have a client who runs into
> problems all the time, so we schedule a Skype session where I can see
> what's going wrong. Invariably, as soon as she tells me about the issue and
> I'm watching her screen, she immediately figures out the reason without my
> help.

When I was in grad school in the late 90s, I chatted at a conference with
another grad student who spent time at the university support desk.

He just couldn't find what was going wrong with the professor's fax modem
attempts over the phone.

Finally, "Let's go back to the beginning.  What file are you trying to
send?"

File?  What file?

"The one that you want the computer to send"

No, it's a document; I want to fax it.

The good professor was holding his document up to the screen . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462