The selectedText for controls without focus

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Feb 28 16:46:12 EST 2017

Richard that script snippet actually helped me solve a different problem. I remember now why I was using traversalOn instead of lockText. I have certain fields I do not want users to edit, so I set the lockText to true. I then have a handler called enableForm that enables every field and button with a name that matches a column in a table. But of course I don't want users editing the unique ID of a record, even though I want to display it.

Your snippet solves that problem. I just put it into field scripts I don't want users to edit, and use lockText for enabling/disabling fields. Works a peach.

Bob S