Dragging widgets

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Feb 28 07:41:53 EST 2017

I think that some people (like me and very possible Richmond) want to use SVG graphics as effortlessly-resized images. In this context, we don’t really care to think of them as widgets at all (I hope Richmond agrees!). What we want is a class of images which are implemented as SVGs but which function in the same way as other images with respect to mouse messages etc.

Does this make sense or have I entirely got the wrong end of the stick (wouldn’t surprise me)?

Looking at that very interesting thread in the forum, I feel less comfortable than I ever have done about the development trajectory of LiveCode. I mean, extensions (like widgets) are fine, but what is not so fine IMHO is that ‘legacy’ ways of working should be deprecated when they have served developers so well for so long. OTOH I am getting old, so maybe that’s why I feel disturbed about it. You may see GOM (Grumpy Old Man) entering into the alphabet soup.

Graham