Remote debugger

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 24 14:48:13 EST 2017

On 2/24/17 2:36 AM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
> You need to ensure the internet permission is on for android. We
> probably should make that automagicial with the test button..

Oh duh. Of course. I had overlooked the Android permission. Just in
case, I also added internet and TSNet to the inclusions. Are those
necessary too? I'm thinking probably not.

So I ran my test stack again and was blown away. This is one of the
coolest and most needed features we've had in a very long time. In my
current project I need to get the text of a long error result and was
about to write an ftp handler so I could move it out of the Android
sandbox to a place where I could access the text. Now I don't have to, I
can just get it from the debugger. This is amazing.

I'd suggest that documentation make it clear what permissions and
inclusions need to be set up. I'm not sure I'd make the permission
automatic, since the final standalone may not want that permission set
and the developer will probably forget to unset it, especially if they
didn't know it was turned on in the first place.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com