Null symbol cross platform

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 12:53:43 EST 2017

Thanks for the reply; although, as I am not Bulgarian (as my Bulgarian
wife of 25 years never stops
reminding me: "If you were Bulgarian I never would have married you.
This, of course, is a highly
ambiguous statement which may be interpreted in a number of ways . . .)
you don't need to stretch
to Bulgarian, although, of course, the interesting Q is where that came
from in your memory :)

--- serious programmers; tune out NOW! ----

Frankly your formal grammar is about 100 better than mine as I have
never attended any Bulgarian lessons,
having "breathed in the language" along with the jolly old Eastern
European pollution: which, as the nurses
said when I was lying around in my own sweat in a heart attack ward
about 3 years ago was just as well,
because my crappy grammar kept them laughing so much through their night
shifts that they were very nice indeed to me while I was lying there
"intubated" after the merry op. for thrombosis. The question, which my
stupid GP (who was quite unable to see the heart attack coming) didn't
ask, even though she was insulting my grammar every time I went to her
for my 6 monthly "oil-and-filter" until I asked her if she could say
"Hello" in any other language than Bulgarian (which made her shut up for
good as she is probably more monoglot than anyone else on the planet),
is, was the heart attack brought on by the eastern-European pollution or
my worries about not being up to par with Bulgarian grammar.

Tell you what, though; I couldn't have managed to have written all the
nonsense in the preceding paragraph without the "assistance" of half a
bottle of "Starosel" white, a jolly efefctive Bulgarian
'fermented beverage' (my wife, with whom I share all thing (except my
obsession with Livecode)
drank the other half; but, being Bulgarian stayed stone cold sober).

---- OK: serious programmers: time to refocus -----

Notwithstanding the above, the problems with the "slash-zero" seems to
be on several levels; or,
as someone wrote on the Computer teachers' forum to which I belong: how
on earth does one describe
abstraction layers to 12 year old children: a tough call indeed!

Richmond.