SHA1 cracked .... What are the chances this will be addressed in LC?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Fri Feb 24 12:32:13 EST 2017

On 24/02/2017 17:18, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode wrote:
> Why does it need to be a part of the language and not a widget or a library
> stack which we can all fiddle with for our projects , which would make it
> more difficult for the bad boys to decrypt?

Cryptographic hash implementations have a lot of fairly strict
requirements that make them extremely difficult to implement in a
language like LiveCode.  For example, they have to run in _exactly_ the
same amount of time for the same number of bytes of input, no matter
what those bytes are.

It would be good to have an external that provides a nice variety of
cryptographic hashes, though.

                                         Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>