SHA1 cracked .... What are the chances this will be addressed in LC?

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 05:44:03 EST 2017

I think everybody is overplaying this.

It will only matter if the amount of money or other  advantages is worth at
least $110,000.

The algorithm executed in Amazons cloud at the cheapest rate would cost
that much in processing to get 1 key.

The only people that will waste YOUR money to do this are governments and
they have the equipment.
If you really have something they want so much they will come through your
door.

Depending on what you are doing why not do 2 SHA1 or even an blowfish
encrypt first.

Better yet - you could write your own in a few  hours based on other code
 -  it doesnt have to be particular clever since they don't know the
algorithm how will they break it unless it's just a simple transposition?

Read between the lines Google doesn't use it so obviously people will start
using Google's which will with 100% certainty will  have a backdoor in it
looking as to how they removed 140,000 indexed pages of www.naturalnews.com
after the owner didn't give in to blackmail - "Don't be evil" my arse.

http://www.newstarget.com/2017-02-23-breaking-mike-adams-and-alex-jones-taken-down-by-google-cia-prior-to-big-event-trump-needs-to-beware.html

 A bit of history of backdoors and homegrown encryption algorithm
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/NSAchallenge.php#axzz4Zb6ctE4v

I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over this.

Lagi

On 24 February 2017 at 01:25, Tom Glod via use-livecode <