on-rev "HTTP_UPGRADE_INSECURE_REQUESTS"

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Tue Feb 21 21:30:23 EST 2017

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?  The desktop app I mentioned earlier is now (around
6:15 PM Pacific time) suddenly no longer blowing up during login, and
its normal speed has been restored. I suspect someone at Command Central
changed a server setting... but I see my
'HTTP_UPGRADE_INSECURE_REQUESTS' is still turned on.

Whatever magical thing happened, I'm very grateful. But I sure would
like to know what it was so I can tell my client.

Thanks -
Phil

On 2/21/17 3:07 PM, Phil Davis via use-livecode wrote:
> Thanks Bob - at least there are plenty of straws to go around. Guess
> I'll stop guessing and start digging.
>
> Phil
>

> On 2/21/17 2:53 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
>> Well if it's straws you are grasping at, I can tell you we had a
>> customer last week who has 2 copiers which suddently began failing
>> scan to SMB share, and nothing we could do would get it to talk to
>> the server. I had another customer call this morning with the same
>> problem. I'm a little concerned that Microsoft "expired" (forced) an
>> update or patch out that may be causing an issue.
>>
>> Bob S
>>

>>> On Feb 21, 2017, at 14:33 , Phil Davis via use-livecode
>>> <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Today I got back to my office after a long weekend to find that a
>>> desktop app I support, which was working fine last week, is blowing
>>> up during a server login process. It's trying to log into a system
>>> that runs on an on-rev server.
>>>
>>> Looking at the server globals, I notice this one:
>>>
>>>    $_SERVER[HTTP_UPGRADE_INSECURE_REQUESTS] = 1
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if this was recently changed?
>>>
>>> (grasping at straws here)
>>>
>>> Thanks -
>>> Phil Davis

Phil Davis