Inclusions on Android (was Re: Are SVG icons supposed to work on Android?)

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Feb 21 13:35:12 EST 2017

Hi Ali (and Jacque) - thanks for responding.

Here's what I'm seeing:

A very simple stack with a field and a segemented widget (I've concentrated on
this stack because it's an easier test for me than the SVG icon, but I think
it's the same thing).

Standalone settings for both Android and iOS.

1. Start with manually selected inclusions: segmented control widget checked.

- App has the widget on both Android and iOS.

2. Now switch to 'search for inclusions', build new apps.

- App has the widget on both Android and iOS.

3. Now switch to 'select inclusions', uncheck the segmented control widget;
switch back to 'search for inclusions'. Build new apps.

- App on iOS has the widget, but app on Android doesn't.

In other words, it seems that the standalone builder for Android always works
from the manually selected inclusions, ignoring the result of the 'search for
required inclusions'.

(BTW in case it turns out to make a difference to reproduce this - I'm too
lazy to use Xcode and APK directly, so although in my tests both apps were
being built each time, I was actually checking the results by switching the
"Test Target" between an Android and an iOS device, and using "Test" - so
actually building both apps twice for each condition.)

Ben