automating enabling of plugin settings on new versions

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:46:54 EST 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 7:51 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <

> I think that changing the permissions of the app bundle may cause issues
> with OSX's Gatekeeper. If you want to customize or change the settings (and
> make sure the changes do stick) of the Application Browser, I suggest you
> put a copy of it in your Plugins folder.

The issue is that as shipped, there is an option in the plugin settings to
save changes/choices--and it just plain doesn't work, failing silently due
to the permissions.

Rather than saving inside of the application bundle, it seems that the
"correct" way for this to happen is to be writing to ~/Library/Application\
Support

In fact, my understanding is that *not* writing there is, by apple's
definition, a bug/wrong/heresy/etc.

Copying plugins on each release opens its own can of worms.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462