automating enabling of plugin settings on new versions

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 16:36:11 EST 2017

WE went through parts of this a while ago, and being naturally lazy, I came
up with

chmod -R u+w `ls -rtd
/Applications/LiveCode*/Contents/Tools/Plugins/revapplicationoverview.rev |
tail -1`

as an invocation to write enable the plugin folder and its contents for the
most recent version (OS X; linux will be similar and depend upon variant)

This changes the mode (chmod) recursively; the ls finds the version with
the latter date stamp.

However, even though the mode changes, I still can't write, and have to
manually load the application browser.

Isn't that folder the only thing we used to need to changer am I missing
something?
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462