Memory Allocation

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Feb 8 14:38:25 EST 2017

I hesitate to post but...

A dev posted here about a change made to the engine to make it more efficient which ended up causing problems down the line, memory being released before it's time, and the need to create a special C class to handle it. When was this implemented? I ask because I am running 8.1.2 and I have a method I am using which involves some recursion and database reads and writes in between.

Sometimes it works famously, other times I crash to desktop. I have gone through the code to make sure I have no endless loops, and yet I am still getting this CtoD sporadically. If it were looping it would happen every time.

Bob S