Nested groups

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 7 15:13:02 EST 2017

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > Curiosity question: Do multiple nested groups (3 or 4 levels deep)
 > affect CPU and memory performance? Are fewer nested groups easier
 > on the engine?

Because they effectively deepen the message path, I'd wager there is
some difference, at least in terms of initializing the message path as
the objects are unpacked before preOpenCard.

That said, given the speed of the natural message path I'd wager it
would be small enough to be unnoticeable, and perhaps even difficult to
measure.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems