JavaScript, Browser Object, VR with Hotspots?

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Thu Feb 2 22:12:59 EST 2017

Hi All,

I managed to trial and error together a working html5 panorama using Pan2VR (http://ggnome.com/pano2vr <http://ggnome.com/pano2vr>). The interface of their software allows you to attach a javascript action to a vr hotspot. The interface creates the following javascript for the hotspot to trigger the LiveCode handler:

this._svg2.onclick=function (e) {
				window.addEventListener('click', function() {liveCode.myLiveCodeHandler2();});
			}

(svg2 is the hotspot icon).

The hotspot in the vr adds some text to a field on the card when clicked, waits 2 seconds, and then removes the text.

This javascript works only the first time, because after the hotspot is clicked, the LiveCode handler is triggered any time the user clicks within the vr of the browser object. (Javascript “event listener” listens for any click in the browser object, after the hotspot is clicked once.)

The only solution I have found is to reload the html for the vr into the browser object again. But that is not ideal.

I am aware of a the javascript command removeEventListener, and that appears to be what I need, however I am not sure how I would go about and use the script?  Its appears that “this.” is defined in the js as the hotspot, and _svg2 is the hot spot ID, but everything I have tried to cobble together to apply this command has not worked. I’m not sure where it should even be located in the process?

I’ve shared the LiveCode project and VR files here:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6767916/VR_and_Javascript_Example.zip <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6767916/VR_and_Javascript_Example.zip>

Any help is greatly appreciated!

John Patten
SUSD