reset waitdepth when idle

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Sat Dec 30 15:33:10 EST 2017

Is there a way to reset the waitDepth when nothing is happening?  I am
running a CRON-type setup.  I fire events on a schedule, provided that the
waitDepth <=1.  Even when LC is idle and nothing is actually waiting,
SOMETIMES the waitDepth can be >1, and seeing that, my CRON event never
fires the next job.

This seems to happen because of some the mergEXT externals are designed to
be asynchronous, allowing you to issue multiple commands, then handle the
events that fire when the server responds.  Sometimes that process does not
go according to plan, but for some reason the waitDepth stays at 2 (for
instance), even though we are idle.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."