Dissolve/Transitions Very Costly

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Dec 29 22:37:59 EST 2017

Appropo optimization thread, I'll dig in on specific issues

The script profiler is showing this

for a script that runs super fast until:

143    3     868 show image "gems-image" with visual effect dissolve very fast

So this was pertty long but I suppose reasonable enough…

then, I  ran it again.

143    3     2526  show image "gems-image" with visual effect dissolve very fast

Yikes!  2.5 seconds for dissolve very fast on a 120k image…

given the new look and feel of apps where transitions are *everywhere* … this takes waaay to long…

is there any way to optimize this?