LC Server - MySQL - update about 2000 rows/records of a table

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 21:29:32 EST 2017

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 5:05 PM, Mike Bonner via use-livecode
> On mysql..  can't you prebuild your multi-command transaction in a variable
> (with a beginning and ending to the transaction) and then use revexecutesql
> with a single call for the one big transaction?

Not when I was trying a couple of years ago.

I tried both with and without including the BEGIN/END, which gets
added by LiveCode under some circumstances, and there's a thread in
the archives from it (err, do we keep those?  google my email,
livecode, and mySQL to get a start on one of the parasitic sites).

Apparently, the issue is (was?) livecode, and not mySQL.

As the only reason I had to use mySQL was that my web host provided
it, I switched to postgresql

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462