"Aphasia"

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Thu Dec 28 11:03:38 EST 2017

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear about your friend’s grandmother’s aphasia problem.

While you are taking on a noble endeavor here with your app,
I would suggest doing a trial run with your software first without
the waveform comparison with your friend’s grandmother.

Instead of having the computer do the comparison, have a human
like you, sit in the room, and as you listen to what she says, type in
a score with your iPad or some other device, give it a - bing 80% etc.
Send that information to the other device that she is looking at so
it all appears as though the computer was doing all of the processing.
(Mimic that everything works as you would want it to perform.)

See how she does with your test with her.  Give her a few trial
runs and see if she improves at all or not.  (Score each trial.)

If it works well, and you see a great improvement, then perhaps
you might be onto something.  Perhaps in your second test you
can do it more remotely so that your presence is not detected
in the room.  (The presence of some person in the room paying
attention to her may have been the motivator for the improvement,
and you need to be able to rule it out.)

Basically you are trying to have your app take the place of
a speech therapist.  If she doesn’t improve with the app
functioning as you envision it, then you will have saved
yourself a lot of time and aggravation.  You will have also
learned something in the process which might help you
in the future with such apps.

Good luck!

Rick