Android package installer hangs (Oreo)

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun Dec 24 22:01:39 EST 2017

I tried building for Android on 9.0 dp 11 yesterday and got some weird font mapping issues.

Pixel arrived (wow! iOS, seems a bit primitive now…) used, unlocked, (looks brand new) no sim… I got wi-fi. immediate prompted me to upgrade to 8.1, which I did.

in LC 8.1.9 I can't see it in the test menu, no matter what I do, reboot, restart LC, with phone plugged, unplugged.

But I got a neat droid transfer app for Mac… go to connected devices, switch USB to transfers (I guess you do that already with Drop Box..) So I can turn the phone into a "volume" that appears inside the app like a finder window…  and copy the apk from my LC builds folder into Downloads on the phone and then install.

So, that's working…

Sadly the rendering fixes in 8.1.9 are not resolving all issues we had before… sure, we can now leave the app via Home or App switcher, and come back without the app stopping, but switching between stacks which require accelerated rendering is still full of bugs…all works perfectly on iOS (sigh) so back to debugging-android challenges.

iMac high Sierra: