[ANN] Release 9.0.0 DP-11

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Fri Dec 22 11:45:40 EST 2017

Yes, that is indeed the intention- but we thought we’d give you the
components along the way until we’ve figured out the correct API for the
cross platform version and actually implemented for all platforms.

The single platform versions will likely stay around in some form, probably
in the extensions store, as their properties and messages can be more
closely mapped to the native ones and they can have features not available
on other platforms.

The map widget is a slight anomaly in that we’ve gone straight for the
cross-platform approach - but mainly because it’s unclear what platforms it
will be possible to add support for, but we can be fairly confident if a
platform supports it then we can implement everything in the current map
widget feature set

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 at 16:36, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <