Spending too much time in the bathroom with Danny Goodman

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 13:31:35 EST 2017

For a variety of reasons I have a bookshelf in my bathroom.

Over the last 3 or 4 days I have been reading parts of Danny Goodman's

"The Complete HyperCard Handbook" for HC 2.2 that I have not read before
(about 75% of the book), and learnt lots of things that are relevant to
LiveCode
that I did not previously know or have forgotten.

{Earlier version:
https://archive.org/details/The_Complete_HyperCard_Handbook]

Anyway, I came across

on returnInField  and

on enterInField

which I found (this must go down as the ultimate example of reinventing
the wheel)
are also "there" in LiveCode, which is marvellous . . .

But . . .

as the children I code EFL programs for (and an awful lot of adults)
treat the
RETURN key and the ENTER key as functionally equivalent I will either:

Have to endless reduplicate scripts for the RETURN and the ENTER key,

or, erm, find a way to do something like this:

on returnInField or EnterInField

?

Richmond.