non-blocking http ... will tsnet end up in community?

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Dec 19 07:13:52 EST 2017

Todd,
 i understand your desire to have such a feature in the Community Edition, but I don´t think this will happen in near future.

If i understood correctly then tsNET is a 3rd party product which Livecode Ltd. has acquired or however this is called. So they have paid money for that.

The tsNet external is really a big win for us and i think it is just fair that this is only included in the commercial licenses.

Why? Because there must be a difference between a free license and a paid license otherwise everyone would use the free one.
And there must be  a feature difference between different Indy and Business license t for the same reason.
Btw. Xojo does it the same.  The more you pay, the more you´ll get. With one exception, they are not offering a free version.

LibURL does and did its job more or less well for years. So at least there is the possibility to do asnynchronous operations.

Although i am a 1-man company and my revenues are less than $500,000 a year and although i have a lifetime Indy license  i
have subscribed for a business license just because of its features and the possibility to get priority support if ever needed.

The indy license btw.allows only 1 seat per organisation. A Seat (regardless if Indy or Business) are for one named developer and
cannot be shared. If you need more seats you have to purchase a business license with the appropriate number of seats.
It seems not all customers are/were aware of these terms in the past. Otherwise Livecode Ltd. would not have sent out an email in October to all
Indy/Business customers with some information about the license terms and the requirement to sign a digital license agreement.

What i would vote for is to add SFTP (synchronous) feature to the Community Edition to allow secure FTP transfers.

Matthias