Map Widget Futures

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu Dec 7 14:51:00 EST 2017

Thanks Ali

I'm clearly "out of my depth" here… after looking at the Google Maps model.

looking at:  com.google.android.gms.maps.model

 I think see why you are talking about overlays, as these comprise  "model classes"

GroundOverlay 	A ground overlay is an image that is fixed to a map.
GroundOverlayOptions 	Defines options for a ground overlay.

So it does not seem like it is feasible for us to simply "drop in" a large vector diagram/map/illustration…
unless perhaps there was some third party which could do, as you say, insert this as an overlay into map object, so that, instead of UK, we would have "Middle Earth"

Something to think about: if you get this far with the tech, pushing it just enough to allow a custom environment (assuming it meets some standards obviously) would be interesting

BR