LC Server style survey: co-mingle code w/HTML?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Dec 6 14:14:27 EST 2017

Simon Smith wrote:
 > PHP is definitely the most popular language for letting you code this
 > way, but then it is pretty much only for the web unlike most other
 > languages.
 >
 > Other languages can work this way too - e.g. Python has PSP, Java has
 > JSP as does Ruby, Lua etc. but not as popular as PHP.

There's a difference in terms of the primary execution object, and how
that effects the flow of both execution and the workflow.

It seems I'm unable to articulate it clearly enough, but no worries.
The bottom line is that LC Server scripts are incompatible with LC
Script on the desktop, and when used with wrapped HTML there's no need
for me to generalize my tools because they can't be used in that context.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems