Livecode Content Management System

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 05:42:48 EST 2017

I don't see much value in building a CMS or CMS front end. There is value
in a CMS, but not I'd saying in making another CMS. Build on revIgniter as
Dave says?

On 3 December 2017 at 12:57, Dave Kilroy via use-livecode <

> Hi Alex
>
> My instinct would be to build on revIgniter rather than start another
> (possibly competing) project - I would be much more likely to contribute to
> an enriched revIgniter than to two disjointed projects

Rather than replicating a tradition CMS, I would see taking an
"opinionated" approach to the software design.  Build on the strengths and
uniqueness of Livecode, and modern concepts such as continuous deployment.
revIgniter as it stands can be part of an authoring platform, but the
published output should be a modern static site, using the curated best of
componentised and responsive HTML5 design. revIgniter in that context
becomes part of the authoring environment, but not the deployment
environment. Would love to work with people on this.