OT: Does anybody know an "official" h.264 directShow filter for windows?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Aug 29 04:13:21 EDT 2017

Hello,

It is so frustrating after struggling for years with the Quicktime installer
on windows, all my hope on the new "native" video player is lost.

Since Windows doesn't support h.264 videos on its old directShow API, you
have to install a h.264 codec/filter to playback h.264 videos with LiveCode.

Up to now, I only have found the "LAV Filters" package, which includes an
directShow mp4 filter. Generally this works fine, but I have customers with
Windows 8.1 and 10 machines, who can't play my videos, the screen just keeps
black without notice. Beside of the "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack", which at last
only is a bundle for the LAV filters I didn't found any other directShow
mp4/h.264 filter, not to mention any "official" installer. Has anybody found
any other directShow mp4/h.264 filter yet?

On the other hand, since this total black out only happens on certain
machines, it could be anything from the video card driver to missing media
components in windows. But here also I didn't found yet any hint or clue.

Thanks for your experiences

Tiemo