Bad Crash on Attempt to Group Radio Buttons

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 27 16:10:42 EDT 2017

On 8/27/17 1:09 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
> JQ wrote
>
>      CantSelect disallows selection by the edit tool, mostly used in
>      development, but doesn't change the message path.
>
> Hmm.. doesn't this comprise a Noobie Gotcha?
>
> cantSelect is not exposed in the PI for any object.

CantSelect is false by default, and since it isn't in the project
browser, new users are unlikely to know about it. They're also unlikely
to dig into the Plugins menu to show the app browser, so mistakes would
probably be rare.

But yes, it could be an issue if they did find it.

> "worse" the PB allowed me to double click on the list and it *did* select the object that had "cantSelect" = "true"
>
> @monte perhaps this is the crux of the crash: PB  allows selection of an object with cantSelect set to true?

If you can reproduce that, it would be worth a bug report. The behavior
does sound suspicious.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com