Sending a message to users that floats above everything

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 24 03:14:10 EDT 2017

On 8/24/17 12:22 AM, Stephen MacLean via use-livecode wrote:
> My point was that unfortunately that only means ~15% of currently active Android devices are fairly safe and Bob’s comment, while brief, was fair as far as it was concerned. Once Android hits iOS’s ~85% active devices on latest version of the os, then it wouldn’t be. I just don’t think that will happen anytime soon because of the way the OS is rolled out through 3rd parties for the most part.

Actually, I was trying to make the opposite point -- Google Play
Services is now on (at least) 93% of all Android devices. It runs on any
Android regardless of manufacturer or customized OS, provided the device
is authorized to access the Google Play Store. It's had over 5 billion
downloads and is, among other things, the security layer.

https://www.androidcentral.com/genius-google-play-services

It isn't only the "Google-made" phones that are protected, it's almost
all of them now.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com