Search Values of Array in "One Go"

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Aug 23 19:56:50 EDT 2017

The media meta dbase "jnanam.item" table actually has  87 columns, ha! way over kill, but I'm actually glad we did that because there is indeed "nothing we cannot know about any media item in the universe"

But  any given item… only uses a subset.

media_type = "audio/song"

and

media_type = "audio/inspiredTalk"

are the context where users need search.

will only use a subset.. but I _do_have all 87 props in the array.

For this use case we are only looking at/"into"

item.media_type
item.title
item.sub_title
item.approved_for_public
item.file_id (a varchar text string)
item.description
item.artists
item.date_entered # added to the dbase - allow us to fetch "recent additions"
item.genre
item.theme
item.transcription

So radio buttons will give the user the genre and theme "enum" values  to choose from, but the search string can't be constrained..we need to check into

item.title
item.sub_title
item.description
item.transcription.

do the look up into the array will first filter by genre and theme and *then check inside the above three… if "all" is check in genre and theme then we look for the string in all three var char fields title, sub_title, description.

Hmm audio/songs is only running at 400 records (= sSelectionsA[audiofiles][1-400]

that will go up after I open the gate for user generated uploads

audio/inspired_talks  is where we start hitting 1000+ records… and it "gets worse" there because we need to start looking into

item.transcription  = long text for 30 minute talk…

On 8/23/17, 10:04 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Alex Tweedly via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    3 columns ?  I thought it was :
    >and 30+  more "properties" for the media item
    So, 3 or 30+ ? Probably make a difference ...

    Alex.