Parent of Target

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Wed Aug 23 16:30:17 EDT 2017

> On 24 Aug 2017, at 2:07 am, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Good to know. Yeah, that's weird.

It’s not _that_ weird. Using in time there’s no context to throw an error on at the time the handler is sent… Of course pending messages could keep track of the caller info which would also be handy for sending private handlers to yourself in time (which I would love). We could parse the message being sent and check if there’s a handler that can handle it at the time it’s being sent but that would be a dangerous change causing errors here and also not cope with object deletion etc between using the send command and handling it:

send “Foo” to me in 0
start using stack “FooBar"

Cheers

Monte