Sending a message to users that floats above everything

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 22 18:28:23 EDT 2017

On 8/22/17 3:43 PM, Stephen Barncard via use-livecode wrote:
> the Android world creeps me out. And those phones always seem to break.

None of my phones are newer than 3 years old and they all work. I prefer
Android because it's a real operating system with a file system where
you can open files in any app that supports the format, has menus, a
more intelligent AI, full customization of launch screen behavior and
appearance, widgets (can't live without them), fine-grained control over
the permissions per app, and lots more that make it a mini computer
rather than a stripped down interface that only works the way Apple says
it must.

Suppose Apple demanded that your Mac's desktop was unchangeable,
wouldn't support your document icons, had no shortcuts/aliases and only
allowed apps to be displayed in rows? What if you couldn't ever turn off
how much data an app has access to? IOS users accept these things
because they don't know it can be different.

Apple has copied much of Android, and I understand they are about to
introduce a file system. All the "improvements" I read about in the
latest OS are things Android has had for years.

I think if you ever learned Android you'd have trouble going back to the
simple, non-customizable iOS.

Start the OS wars!

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com