Paint tools and image creation

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Aug 22 11:01:07 EDT 2017

In my mind a paint tool is a 2 dimensional function. I can see using the paint tool in a window displaying a single object that was not a group, kind of like Microsoft Word does it. I cannot imagine trying to paint an object inside a group as though an artist could reach his paintbrush 3 dimensionally into his painting and touch up a bush that was behind a tree!

Now if someone wanted to see  the effect his pain modification has on the whole, then switching between an edit mode and a preview mode would be the way to do that, kind of like Adobe Illustrator used to do. You could even have a modifier key toggle it.

But I am reinventing the wheel here.

Bob S