Sending a message to users that floats above everything

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Aug 22 02:50:23 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-21 23:38, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
> Hmm… nobody told me about a crash… anyway, as Mark said it’s probably
> best done in LCB now.

I wouldn't usually suggest duplicating effort / code - however the Toast
function is too hard to resist in this case... If only to show a direct
comparison between LCB vs C++!

I think HedgeHao's patch adds a number of files, and has to modify the
engine in several places to hook it in. In contrast, the LCB would
probably be around 20-30 lines in a single file.

Indeed, there's a lot of (specifically mobile commands/functions) C++
engine code which would be better replaced with LCB using FFI features -
the C++ essentially for that kind of stuff ends up being 90% boilerplate
and 10% functionality; LCB eliminates most of the boilerplate and so you
end up just having the code which actually does something.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps