lock screen gotcha revisited

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Fri Aug 18 21:37:19 EDT 2017

> Hard to say. I'm almost done finding every place I lock the screen and adding an unlock screen in the same handler.

And that, of course, is the best procedure. Locking/unlocking the screen
works on sort of a reference-counting approach. In general, locking the
screen increments a counter, unlocking the screen decrements it. When
the counter reaches zero, the screen is unlocked and all the pending
updates take place.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com