Developing first on android

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 18 15:40:03 EDT 2017

On 8/17/17 8:31 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> I liked what Pomegranate said,
> which would also be a way to make apps even more levure/git-friendly, and
> would, I think, solve some of the Android layout issues that she was
> discussing - every object is created by a script, instead of using the LC
> IDE to do it.

This method also works well, and I've used it in a couple of projects.
But being basically lazy, I like to follow the rule to "let the engine
do it" whenever possible. If you aren't using git or your layouts aren't
dynamic, it's much easier to let the engine do the resizing and scaling
for you, and the tricks I mentioned are an easy way to overcome a few
limitations.

One other comment about my presentation: the problem with issuing the
"quit" command was just fixed and is now awaiting merge. :) Now all we
need is suspend/resume messages and the main Android issues will go away.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com