sms,MMS, and Push Notificstions

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Tue Aug 15 13:57:04 EDT 2017

I got a message that one of my other messages was moderated for being too
large.  I can't see if it got delivered, or not, so in response to Bill's
question about the repo:

If you mean having the mobile do it, I hadn't thought about that.  It might
be possible with tsnet.  He is not simulating anything.  The shell command
is what is used to send the alerts.  No, you don't need to use a
third-party service, if you use this code.  Instead, you have the code
running on a machine that you control.  I have never figured out to make
the code work properly from a PC (I have never figured out how to get the
session to end and therefore for APNS to send the message, but it does work
from a Mac.
I do exactly what you are proposing - I have the stack attached to a DB
that has various device push id's.  I load them up and fire off my messages
from there.
The repo that I built has the original stack, as well as the code broken
out so it can be used as a library and therefore be submoduled, etc. with
git.