Android App Woes

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Sun Aug 13 11:45:34 EDT 2017

I have built my android app with LC 8.1.5.   It runs fine on the device. You then hit the home button to return to the OS.  Tap the app icon again and you get “Unfortunatly, [appName] has stopped.”.  Tap the icon again and it does a complete reboot of the app.   Apps made in LC 7 did not have this issue, they stayed running in the background – like an app should.   Is there a trick to getting an Android app from LC 8.1.5 to behave like it should?

I can’t deliver an app to my client that (a) doesn’t stay alive in the background, and (b) crashes every other launch.

Anyone have any insight on this??

-Dan