Speed of control lookup (Was Re: Parent of Target)

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sat Aug 12 19:23:29 EDT 2017

> On 12 Aug 2017, at 7:26 pm, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I'd be happier about introducing a new id if we could solve the multiple mainstack with same name issue too (or at least get a step closer to it)

Hmm… what about giving stacks a meaningful ID… stack ID is completely useless right now as far as I can tell. What is currently the stack ID could be just an internal thing to maintain the ID sequence and stacks could be assigned a read only session ID. I very much doubt such a change would break any code but I guess I could be wrong there…

Perhaps better to make these references storable would be a UUID (ducks ;-). Maybe if _only_ stacks had a UUID they would be more palatable?

Cheers

Monte