Mobile LC Apps Downloading Stacks After installation

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Aug 11 12:07:14 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-11 18:00, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> That's not what I'm saying.  What I'm saying is while telling everyone
> control themselves is good, removing these capabilities from LC is bad,
> so
> if the time comes where it is necessary to do something to stop someone
> from behaving badly, please make sure we have a switch in place that
> allows
> the rest of us to continue as-is.

Hence my comment about 'when being run from an App Store installed
environment'. It is easy to check if an App is running when installed
from an AppStore...

Indeed, you have to build such things using a 'distribution profile'
specific to the store - so any action would be at standalone-build time,
rather than anywhere else.

To be fair, I don't think it is likely to happen... However, unlikely
does not mean impossible!

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

P.S. I'd also rather not have to expend the resources doing it - there
are far better things we could be doing than figuring out ways to turn
dynamic features into static ones, or reworking stuff so the dynamic
features could be turned off. I much prefer the 'with great power comes
great responsibility' approach - i.e. trust!

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps