[OT] Draconian computer company policies, was: Mobile LC Apps Downloading Stacks After installation

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 11:51:51 EDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <

> It is important to remember that the majority of people who use mobile
> phones, tablets and computers use them like they do their car or washing
> machine. They have little interest in how the thing works, just that it
> does what they need to - does it well and does it safely.

This.

Word processor, spreadsheet, browser, email, and a few games probably
covers 99% of users.

On a phone, many want their facetwit applications, too.

My interest in a smart phone ends at navigation, camera, and caller ID.
Oh, and enough voice control to place calls.

I'd be tempted to switch to an android (I actually had the original
gphone), but the privacy, hacks, and whathaveyou stop me.

Security and privacy *are* what I'm buying when I pay extra for an iOS
device.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462