Weird thing I noticed with a graphics speed test

jonathandlynch at gmail.com jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 21:27:15 EDT 2017

I created a group with ten buttons. I have a function that scrolls this group as many times as it can in a second.

With acceleratedrendering on, it can scroll 30 times on my Mac. My very slow android device also scrolls it 30 times.

With accelerated rendering off, it can scroll the group 87 times on the Mac and 35 times on the android.

Why would the scrolling be faster with accelerated rendering off?

Why do both devices have the same speed with accelerated rendering on?

I thought accelerated rendering used the graphics card? Shouldn't this graphically slow android be slower?

Sent from my iPhone