math, bigly

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Aug 9 13:20:03 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-09 19:11, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> The problem I've run into is more at a higher level, dealing with
> number parsing and runtime overflow detection before truncating input
> parameters down to unsigned integers and calling the math library.

Well there's two things here...

1) An 'easy' language should tell you when you are doing something wrong

2) An 'easy' language shouldn't force you to have to write reasonable
things yourself

Of course, in the absence of (2), (1) is much more important ;)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps