how to get the value of a custom property if the name of the cProperty is in a variable?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 12:52:58 EDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:33 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <

> On 2017-08-08 17:25, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> The answer to the first case is "don't do that". Use a different
>> variable name for the local.
>>

> Well, yes, that is certainly one way to look at it!

The catch is that this isn't something that I stumbled across while
initially developing.  It took a couple of years for things coming from two
different directions, each consistent in their own right, to collide like
this.

I see it as more of a maintenance issue than a development issue (but, then
that's where I was bit).

I'm also bothered by *not* being able to use a text literal in quotes; I'm
generally vary careful about declared variables, etc. (I'd really like an
option to enforce case in variable names!)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462